Thursday, 24 May 2012

Final outcome for 'Me my book and I' project.

This is my display space in the college, it was set up earlier today, I have a few other bits to add to it, but overall i'm happy with my outcomes, although I would have liked to have explored a few more methods of printing if i'd had the time.

Friday, 18 May 2012

Cut out Leaf

I have very sore fingers from cutting this leaf out! This was an idea for some linear lines and simple leaf shapes for my box of colouring cards, I wanted to try something different that would give my cards a unique look. I don't think i'm going to use it but it's a nice effect and it was fun trying something out of the ordinary.

Box closure

Finally got around to making some sort of closure for the box, I have attached a bead to the lid and made a wrap around closure by attaching a metal leaf to some cord which then wraps around the bead and tucks into the top. I was worried that it wouldn't be very secure but I have tried it and it works perfectly.

I tried to keep the closure within the same theme as the box and contents, leaves and natural colours.

Thursday, 3 May 2012

Another book cover

I don't really like this cover, I just REALLY wanted to do something with this piggy's face.
I chose the sandy texture on the back cover to represent the beach on which the boys camp in the book.

Tuesday, 1 May 2012